**Only non-local attendees and speakers are eligible for reimbursements. Please review your invitation for information about your eligibility.**
This is the information you will need in order to receive reimbursement for your expenses related to the conference.
These guidelines are from the University of Michigan. Please read through the guidelines and use them as you plan your travel. Following these guidelines is required to receive reimbursement .
Similar to the conference registration and hotel registration forms you already completed, you will now use the “Travel and Reimbursement” form to upload your airfare receipt and itinerary. After the conference, you can upload other receipts for reimbursement of other allowable expenses (described below).
The link to the Travel and Reimbursement form has been emailed to you. If you do not receive this email or cannot find it, please contact us and we will resend it to the email address you indicated when you registered.
As soon as you have booked your transportation and paid for it, use that link to submit your itinerary and receipt. You do NOT have to wait until after the conference. In fact, your reimbursement will be processed more efficiently the sooner you provide your W-9 and your travel receipt. However, reimbursements will not start until after the conference adjourns and all receipts are in order. We will send you a reminder after the conference to submit any further allowable expenses incurred.
Guidelines for Reimbursable Expenses
The University of Michigan Medical School requests that we familiarize our visitors with a brief overview of the University’s Travel and Expense Policies and Procedures to help ensure you have a pleasant experience as a conference attendee.
Please note the following:
- Reimbursements/payments are issued through the University of Michigan.
- U.S. Citizens: A completed W-9 must be submitted in order to be eligible for any disbursement. Please download and complete the form and then return it as soon as possible.
- Your name must appear as it does on your personal income tax return.
- Electronic signatures are not permitted.
- The completed form can be mailed, faxed, or emailed.
- By mail: Lindsey Peat
UM Dept. of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
325 E Eisenhower Pkwy, Suite 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- By fax: (734) 764-9556 ATTN: Lindsey Peat
- By email: TIKTOC-RERC@med.umich.edu
Subject: ATTN Lindsey Peat
- By mail: Lindsey Peat
- Click here for form W-9.
- Non-U.S. Citizens: Please contact us for special instructions.
- All receipts must be in your name and using your own credit card.
- Receipts must be fully detailed and show that payment was provided.
- A receipt submitted for reimbursement cannot be split for multiple attendees. For example, if you share a taxi, the receipt must show your individual fare only.
- Per diem is at current GSA rates. http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104877 No receipts are needed for per diem meal expenses. You will receive the standard GSA rate for eligible meals regardless of the amount you actually pay. Per diem also includes tips, taxes, and incidental expenses.
- Per diem is reduced by 25% on travel days.
- Per diem is also reduced if expenses are covered by another source (such as meals provided by the conference).
- Per diem reimbursement requires a fully detailed airline itinerary (not just a receipt).
- Personal vehicle mileage for non-local driving versus flying may be reimbursable under certain circumstances. Please contact us in advance to discuss the options and pre-approval process.
- Personal vehicle mileage for travel to and from your local airport will be reimbursed.
- Airport parking will be reimbursed if legible receipts are uploaded, including the parking service’s name, dates, and charge paid.
- Taxi / Supershuttle / rail – please contact us to discuss.
Other expenses covered or reimbursed by the conference include the following:
- Airfare will be reimbursed for a basic economy/coach ticket booked at least 14 days in advance (that is, prior to October 4, 2017), and when a detailed airline itinerary and receipt showing payment are provided in your name. You will be reimbursed for one checked bag or one carry-on bag only. Airline cancellation insurance is recommended and is reimbursable.
- You are expected to fly in and out of Reagan National Airport (DCA) because of the proximity of the airport to the hotel (and the availability of most major carriers). Pre-approval from our administrative assistant (Lindsey Peat) is required for air travel in and out of Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI).
- Flights booked less than 14 days in advance may not be fully reimbursed. The reimbursement rate will be no greater than the lowest economy fare on record as of October 4, 2017.
- Lodging at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for non-local invitees has already been prepaid by the conference (Wednesday, October 18 and Thursday, October 19, 2017). (See note below.*)
- Parking at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel will be reimbursed for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, October 18-20, 2017.
*Note: If you plan to stay at the hotel before the conference (that is, prior to the night of Wednesday, October 18) or after it ends (including Friday night, October 20 and afterward), please call the hotel directly (703-413-1300) and make a reservation for the non-conference nights ONLY. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee that you will be booked for the same room during your entire stay.
Non-reimbursable expenses include but are not limited to:
- Alternate hotel accommodations
- In-room WiFi internet
- Meals, snacks, or refreshments not covered by the conference or by per diems (For example, if a lunch is provided for you by the conference, and you purchase your own lunch instead, you will not be reimbursed for it.)
- Priority boarding, priority seating, seat upgrades, airline WiFi and entertainment charges, or any other optional service fees beyond basic economy/coach airfare and one bag
- Cancelled flights (airline cancellation insurance is recommended) or flight changes
- Checked or carry-on baggage beyond one bag (either checked or carry-on), excessive baggage weight, curbside check-in, porterage
- Travel companion(s)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Rental cars/fuel
- Extraneous expenses such as reading material, movie rental, recreational activities, items from the hotel mini-bar
- Hotel charges for no-show/cancellation, late arrival/late check-out, lodging before or after the conference
- Gratuities – this includes any tips not covered under the per diem.